Preventing tooth decay is one of the most important things you can do for your oral health. Tooth decay can cause gum disease, which leaves tooth loss and even bone loss in its wake. That is why doing what you can to prevent tooth decay will always help your oral health stay in excellent shape long-term. To help guide you on some simple tips to prevent tooth decay, our dentist, Dr. Vinh T. Pham with Kirkwood Dental in Campbell, California, is happy to share some information with you.
Here are some simple tips to preventing and defeating tooth decay:
– Did you know that tooth decay can cause cavities? A cavity occurs when a hole in the tooth enamel is present. To prevent cavities, you must first prevent tooth decay.
– Tooth decay is often the result of deprived oral hygiene. If plaque buildup is allowed to occur in your mouth, you will be at an increased risk for tooth decay. To combat this, brush and floss every day.
– By chewing sugarless gum, you can help you lower your risk for tooth decay. This should be done after eating when debris is present in your mouth. Mouthwash also helps rinse away plaque buildup.
– If tooth decay is not treated adequately, tooth loss can occur.
– One of the best methods for eliminating tooth decay is always visiting your dentist for regular checkups. They can also assist with cleaning techniques to help keep your smile safe.
– Tooth decay occurs when your tooth enamel is damaged. Protect your enamel to limit the risks of tooth decay.
As you can see, there are steps you can take to prevent tooth decay and keep your smile healthy and on the right track. If you have questions about your smile or feel it’s time for an appointment, please call us today at 408-378-8500 to make an appointment. Our dental team is always happy to help restore your oral health and beautiful smile.