Did you know, persistent bad breath could be a warning sign something is wrong with your smile? Yes, it’s true! Halitosis, also known as bad breath, is a condition that is hard to handle and can be embarrassing in your everyday life. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Vinh T. Pham with Kirkwood Dental in Campbell, California, is here to help you get a grip on your bad breath with treatment plans and information.
Here are some treatments and tips for your halitosis:
– Many individuals take the time to clean their teeth and gums but often forget to wash their tongue. Your tongue can harbor bacteria that produce bad breath. For this reason, you should scrub your tongue with a tongue scraper or toothbrush.
– Did you know the saliva can help lower your risk of bad breath? Saliva is extremely important for many oral health care reasons. Produce additional saliva by eating watery/crunchy foods and chewing sugarless gum.
– Stop smoking or chewing tobacco immediately. They can lead to several issues with your health including bad breath.
– Visit your dentist whenever possible to eliminate bad breath and other problems and oral health hazards you may have.
– If you are not already using mouthwash to keep your mouth clean, add it to your oral health care routine.
If you are tired of battling your halitosis alone, then give us a call at 408-378-8500 to let us help you! Our dental team is happy to make an appointment to discover the underlying cause of your bad breath so that you can feel confident about your smile again.