Although brushing and flossing every day may seem like it is more important for children, it is just as important for any age because tooth decay and gum disease never stop trying to damage your smile. The fundamentals of aging and dental health begin with effective oral health care routines. For a list of guidelines concerning dental health as you age, consider this:
– For extra oral health care service, schedule a professional mouth cleaning every six months.
– Aging can make simple routines such as brushing and flossing more difficult. If necessary, switch to another tool such as an electric toothbrush or a water flosser to assist you.
– If you are looking for the perfect brush, make sure it can clean all areas of your gums effectively, and remember to seek out brushes with soft bristles.
– If your teeth are extra sensitive, be careful when eating products that can chip or crack your teeth, as your teeth will be more prone to damage than in your youth.
– Bad ingredients for your mouth including tobacco, drugs, and sugar can all damage your smile, so remove them from your life before it is too late.
– If you have a tooth replacement service in place that is removable, such as dentures, always clean and care for them every night.
If you are looking to improve your smile with oral health care treatments or any other procedure at Kirkwood Dental, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vinh T. Pham and our team at our dental office in Campbell, California. We can be reached at 408-378-8500. We look forward to keeping your oral health in pristine condition!