The key to successful oral hygiene is a compilation of all parts of your treatments, daily habits, and the minimization of everyday risks. Within each branch of the oral health care tree, your habits can be broken down further and enhanced for a more powerful effect. Take dental floss for example.
The types of floss that you use, the techniques implemented by using the floss, and your time lengths and sessions daily all have large influences on the effectiveness of your flossing and on your overall oral health care. Listed below are some dental floss tips and techniques:
– Never use random materials for dental floss. Only use floss or interdental cleaners recommended by your dentist.
– Choose dental floss that has the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Prevent damage to your teeth and gums by flossing softly and safely.
– When flossing, use a piece between 16-20 inches in length. Move to a different section of thread for each tooth. Use a gentle motion to move to or from each tooth.
– Don’t forget to floss between every single tooth and behind your back teeth.
– Always floss at least once per day.
– Avoid using floss that can easily tear or fray.
– Be sure to visit your dentist at Kirkwood Dental for your professional cleanings as scheduled.
To book an oral exam with Dr. Vinh T. Pham, you can schedule your visit by calling us at 408-378-8500 to speak to a member of our team. Our office is located in Campbell, California. We look forward to crafting the smile of your dreams!