If someone were to approach you and ask if you take good care of your teeth, would you say yes? Sure, you may brush your teeth twice daily, but what else, if any, methods do you use to ensure optimum oral health? Ask yourself the following questions to determine your overall oral health level.
– Do you avoid sugary drinks such as soda?
– Do you avoid hard candies?
– Have you had your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist?
– Has a dentist or doctor cleared you of all eating disorders?
– Do you schedule regular visits with your dentist?
– Do you typically use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Do you use a mouthguard or facemask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury? If applicable, do you consistently clean your mouthguard?
– Do you avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings?
– Do you use safe teeth whitening products? Have you discussed the product(s) with a dentist?
– Do you know your complete dental history?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
For additional tips, or to schedule an appointment, please call Kirkwood Dental at 408-378-8500 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Campbell, California, and we will do our best to help you in any way we can.